We are currently seeking a friendly, team-oriented individual with outstanding communication and problem-solving skills to join our team. We are located in Central Illinois just outside of Champaign-Urbana.
Nexstep Commercial Products
1450 W. Ottawa Road
Paxton, IL 60957
- Negotiate supplier prices/payment terms/freight terms and establish quality requirements.
- Evaluate vendor delivery performance ad resolve quality problems.
- Maintain inventory levels, ratios, and turns in conjunction with Nexstep’s objectives and goals.
- Review/report/provide data and solutions regarding product backorders.
- Update purchase order due dates.
- Source new vendors; may require visits to potential suppliers.
- Create purchase orders based on demand and MRP.
- Expedite deliveries as needed.
- Address shortages on purchase orders.
- Review products that should be deleted from Nexstep’s line.
- Provide assistance to Customer Service, Sales, Production, and the Warehouse.
- Assist in reducing obsolete parts.
- Assist in maintaining a fill rate of 98% or more.
- Track and report inbound container shipments, both domestic and international.
- Reduce MOQ and lead time whenever possible based on effect to cost.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports to present to Management.
- Conduct vendor Zoom calls monthly to maintain and grow positive relationships and address all issues related to products, including quality, lead times, pricing and product alternatives.
- Occasionally travel to key supplier locations in North America.
- Be an integral member of Nexstep’s Operations Team, assisting with make vs. buy decisions and working to consolidate our supply base when needed.
- Minimum of 7 years of purchasing experience or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and productivity.
- Effective written and verbal skills communicating with parties across the world through email, phone, and Zoom calls.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Suite to create and maintain internal reports and graphs.
- Demonstrate listening and problem-solving skills and a positive approach to dealing with issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with all departments in a spirit of teamwork working toward company goals.
- Ability to work on and balance multiple projects based on priority.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive demands.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Sage experience a plus.
Your Career at Nexstep Commercial Products
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Nexstep Commercial Products is the exclusive licensee of O-cedar commercial products, the most recognized manufacturer of cleaning tools in the United States. Nexstep is dedicated to providing our customers with innovative, top quality products at very competitive prices and world class customer service and flexibility. It is the commitment of the associates of Nexstep Commercial Products to make cleaning quicker and easier for today’s operators/end users.
Nexstep offers competitive compensation and benefits and is a great place to work. Our corporate climate is progressive and flexible and is managed with transparency, trust, loyalty and engagement. Upper advancement is encouraged, and we are seeking candidates with long-term career goals only.
No telephone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer