Material Handling Specialist
Full-Time or Part Time Position
We currently seek a Material Handling Specialist to operate all material handling equipment; pull stock and material and deliver to correct machines for daily production; move finished goods to the appropriate staging area and other materials or supplies as necessary; keep work area safe and clean; assist in quarterly physical inventory counts; other tasks or duties as requested.
Nexstep Commercial Products
1450 W. Ottawa Road
Paxton, IL 60957
- Pull stock and material and deliver to correct machines for daily production.
- Move finished goods to the appropriate staging area and other materials or supplies as necessary.
- Empty scrap hoppers and trash.
- Assist in shipping and order selection as necessary.
- Meet or exceed selection efficiency and quality rates as established in line with departmental goals.
- Operate power equipment safely and in accordance with company and OSHA safety rules; maintain company approved certification.
- Maintain cleanliness of power equipment and complete preventive maintenance requirements; arrange for repairs and notify supervisor of any unsafe equipment.
- Notify supervisor of material and product in need of stock replenishment.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintain a clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Complete reports by entering required information.
- Participate in inventory as scheduled.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Warehouse Associate including forklift experience or the equivalent.
- Competence in operating warehouse equipment in a safe and productive manner; including but not limited to forklifts (stand-up, or sit down), pallet jacks (ride on or walkie).
- Competence in operating computerized scanning equipment and using PC based programs.
- Demonstrated team skills.
- Demonstrated ability to stand 10-12 hours per day; lift up to 25 lbs. frequently (up to 50 lbs. occasionally.).
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and following verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated adherence to health and safety procedures & practices in the performance of job duties.
- Demonstrated excellence in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive demands.
- Valid or previous OSHA Fork Truck Certification & qualifying for a license after training a must.
- Demonstrated record of working independently with minimum supervision.
- Previous experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Bilingual, Spanish/English a significant plus.
- Basic math skills including addition and subtraction of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Data entry skills.
- Basic equipment preventative maintenance skills a plus.
- Willingness & ability to learn new skills and assume greater responsibility a must.
Full-Time: Monday-Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Part-Time: Friday-Saturday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Your Career at Nexstep Commercial Products
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Nexstep Commercial Products is the exclusive licensee of O-cedar commercial products, the most recognized manufacturer of cleaning tools in the United States. Nexstep is dedicated to providing our customers with innovative, top quality products at very competitive prices and world class customer service and flexibility. It is the commitment of the associates of Nexstep Commercial Products to make cleaning quicker and easier for today’s operators/end users.
Nexstep offers competitive compensation and benefits and is a great place to work. Our corporate climate is progressive and flexible and is managed with transparency, trust, loyalty and engagement. Upper advancement is encouraged, and we are seeking candidates with long-term career goals only.
No telephone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer