Full-Time or Part-Time Position
Nexstep is seeking an Order Selector to select, process and load orders, operate material handling equipment; complete paperwork and computer inputs and maintain a clean and safe work environment; assist in quarterly physical inventory counts; other tasks or duties as requested.
Nexstep Commercial Products
1450 W. Ottawa Road
Paxton, IL 60957
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials & packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Operate power equipment safely and in accordance with company and OSHA safety rules; maintain company approved Fork Lift license/certification.
- Load and unload trailers as needed or assigned.
- Meet or exceed selection efficiency and quality rates as established in line with departmental goals.
- Maintain cleanliness of power equipment and complete preventive maintenance requirements; arrange for repairs and notify supervisor of any unsafe equipment.
- Notify supervisor of product in need of stock replenishment.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintain a clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Complete reports by entering required information.
- Participate in inventory as scheduled.
- Experience as a Warehouse Associate, or the equivalent.
- Competence in operating warehouse equipment in a safe and productive manner; including but not limited to forklifts (stand-up, or sit down), pallet jacks (ride on or walkie).
- A valid existing equipment license a plus, qualifying for a license after training a must
- Competence in operating computerized scanning equipment and using PC based programs.
- Basic equipment preventative maintenance skills a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in understanding and following verbal and written instructions.
- Skilled in working with minimal supervision, including time management.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organization and planning skills.
- Record of adherence to all safety procedures and practices in the performance of job duties.
- Record of good teamwork.
- Previous experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Willingness, desire & ability to learn new skills and assume greater responsibility a must.
Full-Time: Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Part-Time: 5-hour schedules may be available
Your Career at Nexstep Commercial Products
We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Nexstep Commercial Products is the exclusive licensee of O-cedar commercial products, the most recognized manufacturer of cleaning tools in the United States. Nexstep is dedicated to providing our customers with innovative, top quality products at very competitive prices and world class customer service and flexibility. It is the commitment of the associates of Nexstep Commercial Products to make cleaning quicker and easier for today’s operators/end users.
No telephone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer